Sunday, August 7, 2011

Rocky Mountain High

Hey everyone, 
I just wanted to show you some pictures from the camp that I went to last week. It is called Rocky Mountain High and is located in Spring Canyon, Colorado. My grandparents on my mother's side, being the wonderful and generous people that they are, offered to pay to send me to this camp. Mama went to this camp when she was 22 and thought that it would be something that I would enjoy; she was right!


 This is our group, minus our two girl guides. We took this right before we went rock climbing and repelling. It was very fun. 


 This river was at our base camp. The water was so cold! 35 degrees in fact


 The Rocky Mountains.





This is me and Rick, our devo leader. How weird is it that we got to have a snowball fight in August???



The week I went to RMH was their internationals weeks. So we had one guy (Osamu, on the left) from Japan and another guy (Choe, on the right) from South Korea) It was such a blessing to have them go with us. I learned so many new things about other cultures and how they view God. I also got to learn a little Japanese too. 



On the day that we peaked Mount Yale (14,197 ft) we woke at 4am and hiked the 2.5 miles up in the freezing cold. But the view was absolutely breath-taking. I felt so small and weak in comparison to the mighty mountains that God created. The fresh air and the sound of the wind made me so joyful and I could feel that the presence of the Lord of the universe, was among us.



Still climbing up the peak. 



These are called boulder fields. The path disappears and you just have to climb up these giant boulders and created your own path to the summit. 




The early hours.



Some of us were very strange haha. This is Austin, a rising junior at The Naval Academy in Maryland. He is awesome.



Me and Osamu. He is going to school at the National Defense Academy of Japan.



Me and our guide, Kristine. She is going to be a nurse, like me. 



It rained every night. But the sun did come out every morning to warm us up. 



Rick (left) me, Osamu and Choe (right) all hiking together. Good times.

Dear Grandma and Grandpa, 
I thank you so much for the money that you gave in order for me to go here. I had a wonderful time and grew tremendously in my faith and I learned so much about God's character and what He has done for me. I even got to see mama's name (Sara Anderson, not Bard haha) on a plack in the main RMH hall. I that you again for your generosity. Love, 
Beckah

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

buy zolpidem online dosage of zolpidem - ambien side effects on pregnancy

Anonymous said...

xanax 1mg xanax bars online - xanax and percocet

Anonymous said...

ativan for anxiety buy lorazepam no rx - ativan vicodin overdose

Anonymous said...

buy xanax online xanax 1 mg upjohn - xanax 2 mg time release

Anonymous said...

buy valium online no prescription cheap valium pill identifier - effects of valium erowid

Anonymous said...

order ativan gabapentin ativan withdrawal - treatment for ativan overdose

Anonymous said...

buy lorazepam ativan every 8 hours - ativan dosage children

Anonymous said...

ativan 2mg ativan and alcohol experience - ativan for dogs

Anonymous said...

online xanax xanax withdrawal extreme fatigue - do pre employment drug tests test xanax

Anonymous said...

buy carisoprodol soma 350 mg recreational use - buy soma safely online

Anonymous said...

buy soma online soma medication migraines - carisoprodol online pharmacy

Anonymous said...

buy soma carisoprodol mg - soma drug movie

Anonymous said...

buy soma order soma online overnight - soma online rx

Anonymous said...

zolpidem online how to buy ambien no prescription - ambien cr overdose death